Sunday 27 February 2011

In Addition...

That evening I stayed at Julia’s apartment as they both had to go to work, so talked to a friend on skype (woohoo! first time trying), listened to music and watched the movie The Fall. That was a really good one, I recommend it; it’s a story-telling between two sick patients, and the story he tells the little girl involves incredible costuming and colour and the story itself is adventurous and heartfelt. Before went to bed, I decided to go for a walk down the main street when Julia lives, which was nice to people watch.
The next day (Saturday), Julia and  I slept in, since she did not get off work till 6am, and after a late breakfast, drove back to Elke’s in Bonn, where we noticed that a parade had started due to Karnival celebrations, where everyone young and old, where dressed up in costumes, and as a result had to do some detouring. Later, Elke and I went to the theatre to watch The King’s Speech. We picked this specific one because this one was left English, just with German subtitles. (Most other ones are just dubbed German). We did not expect it at all, but the line up for this was huge, I’ve never had to wait so long to see a movie (guess it was popular). The theatre was beautiful with red velvet curtains and balconies. For the movie itself, I was so blown away! I Loved it! Geoffrey Rush, Helena Boham Carter, and Colin Firth are such great actors. Tom Hooper the director was also with A Single Man with Colin Firth and that movie was incredible too. (This young director is phenomenal). And I learned more about the Royal family, (even though I consider myself to know already a fair amount about their history). Anyways, after the movie, we decided to grab something to eat, which usually has live entertainment.
Sunday, February-27-11: Today Elke has left for Switzerland for a few days so I will stay in her apartment. We drove around so that I could see the way I should bike to get to school tomorrow so hopefully I do not get too lost....Right now I see out my window, the locals playing soccer, and since it is Sunday, it is Church and all the stores are closed for the day, and I am adding a whole lot of Classical cds to my computer. Maybe and hopefully I’ll be able to find the Oscars on the TV later. Yesterday and today it has been raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment