Friday 29 April 2011

The Royal Wedding Day!


Kate and William; It's Final

Friday April 29: “Küss mich, Kate!” That was the German Telly special for the Royal Wedding of William and Kate. I was lucky for it started at 11am here (poor people in Canada had to get up 6 hours earlier). Watching it with Elke, in Deutsch. She was great pointing out the Royal people and commentating on the ladies’ Fascinators I found out they met (8 years) actually as first year University students. Elton John and David Beckham and Victoria Posh Spice Beckham were there. It is incredible how much planning had gone on; to every moment to who arrived next. I can’t even imagine their feelings in having to worry about smiling and waving at the screaming crowd just before their huge moments of “I Do”. The footage of the lovely ringing Bells at Westminister Abbey were wonderful. My favourite moment was definitely when William and Harry were had their backs turned waiting at the Kate walking up the isle, and harry snuck a look at the last moments with a cheeky sweet grin. Lovely. Now come all the commentaries and footage of the millions of people celebrating. BBC had shown a photo of a family in Vancouver Celebrating at 2am. It was lovely to see the Fly Past of the RAF World War Bombers such as the grand Lancaster Bomber and the Spitfire.


Marching through The Mall

Kate and William

British pride

Went to the Carmen Opera with Elke at the Bonn Theater in the evening! It was exciting because I’ve always wanted to go to an Opera. The neat thing is during my trip here, I had actually picked a Carmen record on one of my hunts and now I was able to actually go to it; Thank you Elke! It was in French with German subtitles above, so neither of my languages, although, I suppose I could pick out some words and phrases. It was a modern version which was different (I’ve never seen the original but I know it was not like this). But it was a great twist; cops, laptops, skyscrapers and even some of the gypsies were dressed like Peter Pan and Batman! Ha, that was great, and well the really fit guys with no shirts :p It had four acts which I was intrigued about. (Only used to two in theatre performances.) London tomorrow evening!

Here is an exert from the Bonn Theatre site: The love of Sergeant Don Jose to Carmen is beginning to fail, too different the two lifestyles.  Nevertheless, José is situated on its existence and fiancee Micaela and Carmen follows in the illegal smuggling of life. Few time later, leaving José Carmen for the bullfighter Escamillo - a momentous step that will lead to deadly consequences. The audience of the first performance on  March 1875 at the Paris Opéra-Comique outrage: a present-oriented history, centered on a woman of the lowest social class (factory worker) and also member of an ethnic minority (Gypsy) is that indicated their liberal attitude towards life and love not only open but also takes place - the citizens of Paris awoke to the bigoted no great enthusiasm, and it corresponded far from the conventions of the popular opera.
Final Scene, Carmen

Carmen, Bonn Theater

No comments:

Post a Comment